If you have processed a transaction as authorized only, you will need to settle / capture the transaction. If the transaction is not captured within 14 days, the authorization will fall away and the transaction would have to be reprocessed.
How to Settle a Transaction
- Go to “Products” tab and click “Payment Gateway”.
- In the left hand column click “Manage Transactions”.
- Underneath “Manage Transactions” click “Settle Transaction”.
- Choose your date selection that the original transaction took place
- Refine your search (optional)
- Application - This is the URL or website that you want to run your search on.
- Card Type – This is MasterCard , visa, amex or diners
- Transaction Mode – This is test mode (test transactions) or live mode (live transactions)
- Advanced Search - This can be used if you want to search by transaction reference, merchant reference, and rand amount or card holder name.
- Once you refined your search click the “Search Button”.
- Once you have identified the transaction/s that you want to capture, “tick” the box next to that transaction.
- Click the “Process” button to capture the transaction.
- This Transaction will be sent to the bank for settlement.