In some cases you may need to reverse an authorization. This could be due to stock availability, card holder purchase mistake, etc. If you have already captured or settled the transaction you will not be able to reverse the authorization and will then be required to process a refund.
How to Process a Reverse Authorization
- Go to “Products” tab and click “Payment Gateway”.
- In the left hand column click “Manage Transactions”.
- Underneath “Manage Transactions” click “Reverse Authorization”.
- Choose your date selection that the original transaction took place
- Refine your search (optional)
- Application - This is the URL or website that you want to run your search on.
- Card Type – This is MasterCard , visa, amex or diners
- Transaction Mode – This is test mode (test transactions) or live mode (live transactions)
- Advanced Search - This can be used if you want to search by transaction reference, merchant reference, and rand amount or card holder name.
- Once you refined your search click the “Search Button”.
- Once you have identified the transaction/s that you want to reverse the authorization on, “tick” the box next to that transaction.
- Click the “Proceed” button to reverse authorisation.