To create a Debit Order batch do the following in the Web Console:
- Click On Collections
- Click On Manage Transactions
- Click On MyGate Web
- Click On Create Debit Order
- Select your Application and click on Proceed
This will display a list of all your clients that are loaded and the clients that you want to debit, ensure that the "include in batch" tick box is ticked and for the clients that you DO NOT want to debit untick the tick box which is on the far right hand side.
Before clicking on proceed you would need to ensure that the following is checked:
- Amounts are entered and correct.
- Action Dates are selected and are valid (An action date cannot be set on a Sunday or a Public
- All Statement References are filled in
- All clients you want to debit are ticked on the far right hand side of the screen.
- If an action date is set on a Saturday then ONLY a SAME DAY service type can be selected.
- Service type is selected( Either Same day or 2 Day service - explanation below)
- Same Day Service - This is when you upload your debit order batch a day before the first
- action date or on the day of the first action date.
- 2 Day Service - This is when you upload your debit order batch 48 hours (2 days) prior to
- your first action date.
- Important - Cut off times for debit order submissions are 11am
Once the above has been done you can click on Proceed, this will create the batch. Once the batch has been created you will receive a pop up box advising you that the batch has been created and you will be asked if you want to release the batch.
If you click on OK you will directed to the screen where you need to release the batch and on this
screen you can click the Green Arrow on the far right hand side to release the batch.
If you click on cancel you can still release the batch under the batch release section in the console
by doing the following:
Click On Collections
Click On Manage Transactions
Click On Batch Release
Click On Release Batch (Green Arrow)
View the batch before releasing it to ensure that all client info is correct, and then click on Release Batch.
Once the batch has been released it will be sent for processing, also note that once a batch has been released we cannot stop the batch therefore it is important to ensure that all info in the batch is correct before releasing it.