Merchant Reference Validation
If this box is ticked, validation is performed on each transaction which checks that the merchant reference is always unique, compared to any other transaction processed through this application in the past 24 hours.
If the merchant reference is not unique, the transaction is not processed, and an error message is returned.
If another transaction has the same reference, but was done more than 24 hours prior, the transaction passes validation.
How to Configure Merchant Reference Validation
- Go to “Products” tab and click “Payment Gateway”.
- In the left hand column click “Settings”.
- In the left hand column click “Gateway”.
- Click the “Configure Settings” icon on the application that you want to configure.
- Tick the box next to the Merchant Reference Validation
- Click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen.