In some cases when a transaction is declined, the declined code returned by bank indicates that the bank has requested you to call them for an authorization code for the transaction.
Once the authorization code is given to you from the bank you will need to input the authorization code within the transaction which can be found in this menu screen.
How to Enter an Authorization Code
- Go to “Products” tab and click “Payment Gateway”.
- In the left hand column click “Manage Transactions”.
- Underneath “Manage Transactions” click “Settle Transaction”.
- Choose your date selection that the original transaction took place
- Refine your search (optional)
- Application - This is the URL or website that you want to run your search on.
- Card Type – This is MasterCard , visa, amex or diners
- Transaction Mode – This is test mode (test transactions) or live mode (live transactions)
- Advanced Search - This can be used if you want to search by transaction reference, merchant reference, and rand amount or card holder name.
- Once you refined your search click the “Search Button”.
- Once you have identified the transaction that you want to authorize, click the “green arrow” icon.
- A screen will appear with a text box that you can enter the authorization code given to you by the bank.
- Click the “Process” button to authorize the transaction