- Customer Groups:
If you have different customer groups and you would like to be able to sort them this way then you will need to create your customer groups before creating a new customer. NOTE: If you make use of customer groups, you will have to use groups throughout. If a customer should not belong to a group, then you can create a group called “No Group”.
E.g. without Customer Groups:
E.g. with Customer Groups
- New Customer:
There are two ways of uploading your customers
a) One by one, making use of the Add new customer button
b) Bulk Customer Upload
Neither of the options above creates a client with the mandate parameters. The upload of the mandate happens at a later stage
a) Add new customer (single entry)
Select the Add new Customer Button and you will see the below screen:
- Payment Type:
Select Debit Order. Any other type, even though you loaded a mandate, will not show under “My collections”.
- Customer Type:
- If it’s not a legal entity, select “Individual”.
- Where an Individual trades as a company, you will select Sole Proprietor. E.g Jacques Smith t/a ABS Shoes
- Complete all the fields marked with an asterisk.
- Hover your mouse over the blue info buttons to get more information as to what is required in that field.
- You can add a note under the notes field if you like. This will appear under the name of the customer on the customer summary screen.
E.g. without a note:
E.g. with a note: